Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Someone Wants Candy!

Someone who lives here eats a lot of candy. Hard to believe, but it's not me. In an effort to cut costs and to raise kids who know how to do stuff on their own, I try to make as many of the necessities as I can and for this particular resident, candy is a necessity.

I found these recipes online that claim they make "gumdrops" so I thought I'd give them a whirl. It's hard to actually fail at sweets making when you have kids short of my attempt at making fat free cream cheese icing with powdered Stevia. Even tasting like a spoon full of creamy, gritty bitterness, Abdullah still loved it.

I made three variations:
1) A basic Jell-o and Knox type.
2) The same recipe with extra Knox as suggested on that site.
3) This variation with fruit juice added. I subbed some cranberry juice and lime juice, which IMHO is a great flavor boost.

The juice one was pretty good. Actually kind of like jelly you could hold in your hand without making a mess. Abdullah liked them all. They're made out of sugar, so everyone in this house will enjoy eating them, inshaa Allah.


Pinterist worthy.

Next up, find a vegan candy corn recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment