I have to say, I did think my mom was suffering grandmomnesia when she said that we were potty trained by 2. I knew for sure, looking at my crazy eyed 18 month old scooting around on his potty chair (which was thrust upon me by his sometimes overzealous other parent), I knew for sure that my MIL must have been mistaken for encouraging us to let him "sit on the pot." She must have meant that literally, I reasoned, toddlers and potties weren't meant to be together.
Happy to say today that Abdullah has been down to a diaper a day for about 2 or so weeks now. Just last week, he realized that he could ask to go potty anywhere and today even took his swankest tinkle yet when he alerted us in Gong Fu that it was time to go. I imagine their commodes must be as pristine as their tea canisters because as AK and Abdullah were coming out, a woman in socks was headed in. Hope he aimed true.
We had thought that our biking days would be limited until next spring, but a spat of autumnal weather has enabled us to venture out more than expected. This week, as the weather pushed just above 60, I decided to finally retrofit Abdullah's bike with a push bar to enable him to actually be able to bike to the park.
Every time we go out on the bike, I remind myself that next time, I'll ask my dad to go ahead and get the one with the pole attachment. I thought it'd be too cumbersome, but now, after watching Abdullah bike in circles and fight the pedals for 6 months, I realize, there's a reason for it. Maashaa Allah.
It's not the sturdiest solution, but it'll do for now.
KC got her first trip in the chariot last weekend outfitted in a hood padded helmet and a blanket booster seat. Although Abdullah suffered a great deal of random swatting from KC, they both seemed fairly amused by the whole endeavor.
Lastly, but not leastly, I think I've found the bread of my dreams. I thought eggs, butter, sugar, milk, and flour made cake. But no. Apparently, they make rolls. I subbed soy milk and soy spread for milk and butter, but these still came out delightful. Unlike some whole wheat disasters I've baked, turned out exactly as pictured, pillowly and perfect. I'll have to cut the fat and sugar down, but I think this will be the base for my everyday loaf. Autolyse Smautolyse.



No comments:
Post a Comment